Thursday 17 January 2019

"My Dusty Unicorn"


I never thought I would feel the need to dress up my dog until I got really fed up with people calling her a “him” (despite telling them she is a “her” a million times) and telling me she looks like a boy (Some may say all dogs look the same but this crazy dog mom begs to differ ).

How should I make my dog look more feminine – I wondered ๐Ÿค”.

The most common accessories for dogs on sale were bandanas and bibs. Ok, I was going to find a REALLY cutesy-girly one for Dusty’s first wardrobe collection ๐Ÿ‘—. How hard can it be, right? 

❌WRONG❌.

I soon realized that most stores do not customize to suit large breed. My dog belonged to the “Oversized - Outcast” ๐Ÿคฆ. I could not find any bandana, bib, clothes or even a simple set of god damn shoes ๐Ÿ‘  to fit her (shoes to prevent her paws from getting burnt on hot pavement when we go for pee/poop walks ๐Ÿ’ฉ).

At that point, Dusty was turning 1 year old in a few months and I was determined to get her something she could put on for MY photo-taking pleasure ๐Ÿ“ท ๐Ÿ˜. I decided for some reason to make my life even harder by coming up with a theme for her birthday outfit. I wanted her to be a Unicorn ๐Ÿฆ„– clichรฉ but no one can say she looks like a boy anymore. (#icouldonlyhope)

In my mind, the most girly outfit would be one with unicorns, glitters and pastel colour shades. I wasn't asking for much, all I needed was a girly looking bandana or bib IN HER SIZE .

After a couple of weeks, I came across “PawNWags” website. As I browsed through their “Fabric Hub”, I saw some cute designs. I was beginning to lose enthusiasm as I started to accept the fact that even if I liked a design, I was never going to get it in Dusty’s size ๐Ÿ˜–.

For F*** Sake! Why can’t big dogs be pretty too! – The tiny voice of delusion in my head refused to let it go ๐Ÿ˜ . (#crazyasiandogmom)

As though the Mother of all Unicorns heard my tiny head voice cursing and swearing, I scrolled on to the last page of their “Fabric Hub” and there it was. THE PRETTIEST UNICORN FABRIC I HAVE EVER SEEN - "Unicorn Dreams." It was perfect. My eyes lit up  ๐Ÿ˜ when I noticed they had an option for personalizing your own bib. I was over the moon! I quickly added in Dusty’s measurements and waited patiently for a respond ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™.

A few days later, Jasmine from PawsNWags” contacted me. She told me she would need to check to see if she had enough fabric to make the bib in Dusty’s size. HERE WE GO AGAIN – I thought. I was sure she was coming back with bad news. But once again, the Mother of all Unicorns did its magic. “I have just enough fabric to make a bib for Dusty,” Jasmine told me. I think I might have farted rainbows from being overly excited ๐ŸŒˆ.

I chose the “PinkSakura” fabric for the reverse side of the bib and left the font colour for Dusty’s name embroidery solely up to Jasmine’s discretion and just like that, the order was put through!

2 weeks on, I received Dusty's first ever personalized bib. I was really surprised by how well-made it was. The bib was meticulously sewn and it just fitted so well on Dusty. When I first put it on for Dusty, I thought she was the most beautiful FEMALE Husky I have ever seen (totally biased – Yes) .

When I contacted Jasmine to inform her that I had received the product, she said, “If you noticed I placed a single unicorn ๐Ÿฆ„ at the centre of the bib aligned to Dusty’s chest close to her heart ๐Ÿ’“.” I looked at the bib once more and WOAH! This was something you can’t unsee once you have seen it ๐Ÿ‘€ . It warmed my heart ๐Ÿ’– that Jasmine made the effort to do that. The colour of the font used for Dusty’s name also really stood out beautifully on the bib.

Jasmine and I continued to chat on Facebook Messenger, and after sending her a picture of Dusty in the bib, I found out she had an undying love for Huskies. She had always wanted one and had even chosen a name for her imaginary Husky ๐Ÿ˜‚.

I have not told Jasmine this but what really blew my mind was how she had decided to use those words “close to her heart” when she described her decision to centralize a single unicorn on the bib. Coincidentally, a few weeks after I got Dusty, I noticed she has a “heart”  ๐Ÿ’“marking on her forehead. I sometimes call Dusty my “Heart- Dog” because of her marking and how she has grown to be the most endearing, friendly and gentle dog ๐Ÿถ. This bib really was made for her ๐Ÿ™†. 

On 10 November 2018, Dusty turned ONE ๐ŸŽ‚. "My Dusty Unicorn" looked hilarious but also too adorable in her full birthday suit๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜˜ . My very cooperative model-wannabe dog gave me some great shots ๐Ÿ“ธ๐Ÿ“ธ๐Ÿ“ธ that day (although she rolled her eyes and side glared me a few times). 

Thanks to PawsandWags”, Dusty did not have to go topless on her birthday ๐Ÿ˜… and she no longer has to be part of the "Oversized - Outcast" ๐Ÿ˜˜. Looking forward to getting her a flower collar ๐Ÿ’ฎ very soon! Might even get one for my human daughter if I ever have one. 


๐Ÿฆ„Unicorn Dreams with Centralized Unicorn ๐Ÿ’—

Reverse Side - Pink Sakura

My Dusty Unicorn turns O.N.E

Birthday Wink ๐Ÿ˜‰

Clearly happy with her unicorn bib ๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ’–"Heart-Dog"๐Ÿ’–

๐Ÿ’ž2nd Day with us @ 3.5 months and I noticed the "Heart" marking on her forehead ๐Ÿ’ž







No comments:

Post a Comment