Tuesday 25 June 2019

Bingsu, my sweet westie girl


Thank you to lady boss of PawsNWags for giving me a chance to write about my dear princess Bingsu!
I’ll need to lor soh abit on how we got to meet Bingsu so please bear with me. 😊

On 23rd September 2016, we were at Tengoku waiting to collect our beloved Maltese boy, Mickey, ashes home with us. Little boy was our 1st furkid & we adopted him from a pet shop, unfortunately he had GME & lost the fight after 6 months diagnosis.
So while waiting for his urn to be ready, we decided to walk around Pasir Ris farmway to see some cute furkids & distract ourselves as we were grieving with the loss of our baby boy.
This routine of walking around Pasir Ris farmway from then on as I was pretty lost all of a sudden, I don’t need to set alarm to feed him medications or wake up in the middle of the night to check on him.

1st week of October 2016, we started visiting pet shops at Pasir Ris farmway with the intention of finding a westie pup as I’ve always dreamt of having one since young. We did our research online as well so we know what to look out for. There were a few westie pups but none of them really caught our attention. We ventured into one of the pet shop & saw one little westie girl who kept bouncing & running around, trying to get everyone’s attention. However we noticed no one seemed to notice her, everyone seemed to be looking at cute Poodle or Maltese pups. Little girl captured my husband’s attention & we went over to look at her. The lady came over & started telling us how old is she, how many siblings she had & also mentioned how much she costs.

I saw the excitement in my husband’s eyes when he first laid his eyes on this little girl & I had a feeling she’s the one for us. Though we knew that we would like to have a westie baby but we did not think of having one that soon as my baby boy has just passed away less than a month ago. Cause of this, we held back on bringing her home on the spot & decided to wait awhile more.

From the day we saw little girl, we unintentionally (or intentionally?) go back every weekend to visit her, feeling excited yet uneasy lol. Is she still at the pet shop? Had anyone brought her home? We felt excited whenever we saw that she’s still there, the same old happy & active her. And we felt sad when we had to leave the shop without her as we’re unsure if we got to see her again next weekend.

On 31st October 2016, we decided to bring all the family members to visit her as well as we had plans to bring her home soon. It was our 5th weekend back at the pet shop & the 1st for his family members. But never did we know that was the day we decided to bring her home with us! I guess my husband couldn’t wait anymore! So yes, little girl went home with us on that day! We name her Bingsu as the mama (which is me hahahah) loves Korean dramas & Korean food. 

5 month old Bingsu & her 1st night at home! 👸
#socuteright #dunnowhynoonewananbringherhome

Bingsu was a challenge to us as she was only 5 months old when she came home, we didn’t have any experience taking care of a puppy other than reading online & seeking help from our friends. She was very very different from our little boy. Nonetheless we worked hard together to care for Bingsu & she gave us lotsa joy & love.

Our precious princess,smiling so happily at me 💓


Cause of Bingsu, I joined westie club on fb as I’m interested to know more about westies behaviour & get to know more westie pawrents as well. And it’s from there that I got to know lady boss of PawsNWags. 😊

Fast forward to now haha, Bingsu has been with us for 2 and half year & she’ll be turning 3 years old this year June! She has blossomed into a lady, showed us how gentle & playful she is & how much love she’s able to give us selflessly.
 
I’m very thankful that Bingsu has led us to her & chose us to be her pawrents, very thankful that she was very patient when I was pregnant & accepted her little human brother readily. Though Bingsu destroyed all our skirtings at home with her powerful puppy teeth, we still love her very much. All I hope for now is Bingsu will grow up healthily & happily together with her human brother. 😊

my 2 precious babies enjoying ride together haha

Bingsu jieje accompanying her baby brother





No comments:

Post a Comment